Speed and accessibility:
This website is made for all of you scrapbooking enthusiasts wanting something quick-loading with few images and a strong focus on accessibility.
Start Scrapbooking - Scrapbooking Supplies
Observing the scrapbook aisle at the craft store or walking into a scrapbook store can be daunting indeed. There are so many beautiful and handy things to choose from that you just don't know where to begin. There are so many embellishments and products available in the scrapbooking world that it is easy to feel overwhelmed. Feel free to print this list and take it with you when you go shopping. It might make it easier to focus on the things that you need to get started making beautiful scrapbooks. There are hundreds of online scrapbooking sites to assist you, also. Type 'scrapbooking' or 'scrapbooking ideas' into a search engine such as Google, and you will be amazed at the ideas and help.
- An Album
- Select an album size, color, and pattern that works for the theme of your album. You can also make your own albums using binders, file folders, paper bags, even toilet roll rings!
- Refill pages for your album
- There is no standard size for refills, so it is a good idea to pick up a few packs when you purchase your album so that you get the specific size for your album.
- A sharp pair of scissors
- A very fine tip and comfortable to hold are important, because you will be using them a lot. Keep your scissors with your scrapbooking supplies, so that they stay sharp and are always handy.
- There are a lot of different types of adhesive. You want to make sure to use acid-free adhesive that works well on paper, cardstock, and photos. Here are a few suggestions:
- double sided mounting squares
- wheel dispensed double sided tape and dots
- acid free glue and glue sticks
- double sided sheets
- photo squares and corners
- double sided foam tape and squares for the 3D look
- Cardstock and Patterned Papers
- This is where you want to select papers, cover, and cardstock for the pages in your scrapbook according to your theme.
- Journal Pens
- Make sure they are acid-free with fine tips for hand writing in your scrapbook. This is not essential but using journal pens can certainly enhance the look of your scrapbook.
- Paper Trimmer/Cutter
- This is a very handy scrapbooking tool, essential for straight lines and scoring.
- You want them to coordinate with your pages, such as stickers, 3-D Stickers, buttons, ribbon, yarn, fasteners. This is dependent on your scrapbook layout, theme, and imagination. You can add to your embellishments as you go along by recycling cards, stickers, magazine pictures, used ribbon and trimming, even text, quotes, and poems from all sorts of areas in your daily life.
Go online for ideas to inspire you.
Additional Items to Consider:
- Die Cut Machine with an Alphabet Set of Dies
- Circle and Oval Cutter
- Hole punch
Once you get started it is hard to stop, and your own ideas and imagination will take your scrapbooking venture even further as you build your scrapbooking supplies to fit your needs.