Scrapbook Photo Album
- What I Love About You
This type of scrapbook photo album could be about and for anyone that you love and is important to you. You could make an album for your grandparents, parents, siblings, spouse, child (could be a baby album that you add to as your baby grows), boyfriend, girlfriend, friend, and so forth. Just imagine the possibilities! You can make the scrapbook photo album light-hearted, truly sentimental, serious, or funny. Another option is to include all of them and make the photo album read like a story.
To start the scrapbook photo album, it is a good idea to gather the photographs that you would like to use. That way you can think of and jot down the specific reasons why you chose the photographs and the sentiments that go along with each one. Start by listing the specific reasons why you chose what you did plus the thoughts and feelings behind it.
Here are a few suggestions for a scrapbook photo album for a loved one:
- Things they do for you, that make you feel special
- Feelings that they evoke
- The ways they are one of a kind, unique
- Things that they say, witty comments or sayings, special words between you and them
- Their habits, likes, and dislikes
- Things that, when you think about or see or smell them, remind you specifically about them
- Their qualities and principles, morals
- How they have changed and affected your life
- How they have inspired and supported you
- Your thoughts when you first met; what you thought of them
Here are some suggestions for a baby or a child:
- Their smile, dimples, cheeks, chubby thighs, etc.
- Their laugh, giggle, and cry
- How you and your life has changed since they were born and came into your life
- Details about their birth and entry into your life
- Baby and toddler talk, first words, pronunciations
- Mannerisms and characteristics
- Milestones in their lives, special birthdays, proms, first date, etc.
Once you have determined who the scrapbook photo album is about, you should compile of list of what you want to include in the album. Now is a good time to search through your photographs or take new pictures that represent who and what you are going to portray in the special memory book.
If you are creating a baby or child scrapbook photo album, you will want to leave room to add more photographs and details.
There are many premade scrapbook photo albums on the market. Check your local craft store, go online, or check with friends, family, and neighbors to find out more. You can also make your own using a three ring binder, scrapbook sleeves (clear plastic covers), scrapbook paper, and embellishments. One thrifty way to create a scrapbook photo album is to use file folders. I covered each one with scrapbook paper, punched three holes in each, embellished each folder, and added them to a three ring binder. I can add more, if I want to!